Sunday, November 20, 2022

MyHeritage's AI Time Machine App

Over the last couple years, MyHeritage has released apps to colorize, enhance, and animate photos. You may have seen my previous posts about the Deep Nostalgia and Live Story apps which allow your photos to tell their own story. If you have been on social media lately you will probably have noticed that MyHeritage has released a new photo app. This new app is MyHeritage's AI Time Machine app. This app places you in 8 scenes from each of 62 historic periods including Ancient Rome, the Renaissance, WWI, Ancient Egypt, and many more. The AI uses photos that you upload and then adds them to these scenes. it takes about 30 to 45 minutes to create the images. I uploaded 15 photos with a variety of poses including full body, profile, and head shots to get my first set of images. Once I had those, I uploaded another 17 photos to get some different views. So, now I have 16 photos from each of 62 periods to go through. Some of these photos are impressive while others have some problems. I will provide some examples below.

16th Century

18th Century

American Pioneer

Cowboy

As you can see, those images are pretty impressive (even if they are of me) but some of the images just don't work. Some cut off the head. Others have multiple arms or extra fingers. And some just look odd.


Head cut off

Extra arms
    
Extra fingers

This app is a fun app to play with. I will probably use some of the images as profile pictures for social media. If you have some time to upload your photos you may discover some fun versions of yourself.

No comments: